https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526423

            Bug ID: 526423
           Summary: Tagging a file doesn't list existing tags, forces
                    recreation.
    Classification: Applications
           Product: dolphin
      Version First 26.08.0
       Reported In:
          Platform: Manjaro
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: general
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
                CC: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

DESCRIPTION
I use the Tags functionality for managing photos. Recently, it has stopped
listing existing tags when I attempt to use the Assign Tags menu pick. It shows
the usual “Edit Tags” submenu, but the dialog box lists no existing tags at
all. I can add the same tag, for instance “favorite”, and they show up in the
file browser in the Tags column if it’s visible.

Everything else seems to work (sorting by tags, etc), I just have to recreate
the same tag every time.

I discussed with folks over at the KDE Discussion forum, and at least one other
person is seeing it too.  It might be a Dolphin bug or it might be a Baloo
issue....or some interaction between the two.

I have Baloo search on.  Indexing filenames only or filenames + content seems
to make no difference.  The others I talked with over at Discuss generally
didn't have Baloo in use.  One of the directories in question is over 17000
photos.  However, the machine is up for over 3 weeks, is quite powerful, and I
would expect Baloo to have finished indexing by now.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Attempt to add an existing tag to an untagged file.
2. Click on the 'Create" button.
3. The tags list is empty, even if tags are present.

OBSERVED RESULT
No tags listed

EXPECTED RESULT
Existing tags should be listed

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.29.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 6.18.49-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 48 × AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7960X 24-Cores
Memory: 192 GiB of RAM (188.2 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 6600


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Drive in question is a local 12T ext 4 HDD.  /home is btrfs.  Problem occurs on
both.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to