https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=440349

--- Comment #12 from medin <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Tomáš Hnyk from comment #11)
> the one thing I do
> not understand is that left and arrow keys when inside the arabic switch
> meanings, so the cursor jumps around in as tring like "ext  ح العربية 
> BUTTONS  |"  pushing right goes from ext to ح and then starts going left to
> ة and then jumps to BUTTONS.

In LTR text the left arrow advances while reading or writing text, the same for
RTL text the right arrow is the one advancing inside text, so when you mix both
RTL and LTR the direction of reading/change instantly inside (see attached
image1.png).

> I mean I understand the logic, sort of, but is
> it really usable in practice?)

I'm from Morocco and we use different languages: the two official languages:
Arabic and Tamazight, plus we study in school French then English and also
Spanish (in some northern part of the country), in media/books/articles and
also school it's impossible to explain some  concepts or new notions or
introduce foreign names without using directly foreign languages, especially
english which is already the most used language for anything new, so mixing LTR
words inside RTL text is normal and sometimes necessary (see attached
image2.png from a local written media).

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to