https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=440349

Tomáš Hnyk <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]
             Status|CONFIRMED                   |RESOLVED
         Resolution|---                         |FIXED

--- Comment #7 from Tomáš Hnyk <[email protected]> ---
Five years later, this is no longer the case. In LTR system (ie. English), even
strings in Arabic (I found this one:  لوحة المفاتيح العربية ) are shown from
the left. And when I launched plasma in Arabic with LANGUAGE=ar_SA plasmashell
--replace both Latin and Arabic entries in Klipper were on the right.

So the original bug is gone and I will close this one. If somebody who actually
lives in a mixed environment strongly feels that text in Arabic in a LTR locale
should be aligned to the right, feel free to reopen or open a new bug. I am
sadly a completely LTR person so I cannot judge, either makes sense to me.

In that case, we would indeed need to shift the text to the left to evade the
buttons. Not sure how much code it would need, but until somebody who actually
needs it asks for it, I will close this (of course, if it still affects you,
reopen).

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to