On Fri, 6 Mar 2015, Rick.Timmis wrote:

Hi Dmitry

Thank you for this email, it makes the context, and reason, clear.

I think a Wiki style solution wojld be best, but care must be taken to manage
its house keeping.

And that's exactly why a wiki style solution isn't any good. Taking care with housekeeping means that the thing will be a mess in no-time.

What would be really cool is an IRC Bot that could then search the Wiki and
post links back.

Rick Timmis

Sent from my Dragon 32

Dmitry Kazakov <dimul...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I'm sorry for jumping in a bit lately. My initial request on IRC, which
resulted in this stackoverflow discussion was the following:

I asked for a kind of "knowledge base", where I (developer) could search for
popular answers really quickly and copy/paste the link into IRC/social networks to help
people with their (really trivial and
common) problems.

The point is there are lots and lots trivial questions which will be being
asked or raised regularly, so we need to have them somewhere in easy access.

Examples:

1) How to generate a tablet log?
2) How to compile Krita?
3) How to generate a backtrace for Krita crash?

Right now I use launchpad's framework, but it is really-really limited. You
cannot even add a screenshot :(
Here: https://answers.launchpad.net/krita-ru/+faqs

So I was even though about moving all these answers into wiki, but it seems
like a special solution like LampCMS might help better in this situation.

The requirements for this system for me:

1) Easy to add a pair Question/Answer (yep, self-dialog)
2) Easy to search for a question, and easy to paste the link to an answer on IRC
3) The ability for users to ask/answer questions is nice, but for me it is
secondary :)