On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Scott Petrovic <scottpetro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am at a WordPress conference now and am getting some feedback about this
> Q&A platform. They mentioned trying a WordPress plugin called CM-Answers. If
> we use that, that would make it easier since it would still be on the
> WordPress platform.
>
> Maybe I can send a request to create a http://qa.krita.org  subdomain with a
> WordPress install. They also recommended setting up a Multi-Site install.
> That way we could potentially have multiple instances for different
> languages if needed.

The way Wordpress multi site works doesn't work with the way we deploy
web software.
While it is quite convenient from the web interface, it is a nightmare
from a security point of view.

All the sites are mixed in the same database, which means you breach
one site and you own them all.
It also makes it more difficult for a sysadmin to archive and backup
individual sites.

The mixing of core Wordpress and site specific plugins along with
content makes upgrades difficult enough :)
(If they're interested in feedback, they can look at how Drupal does
it and take a leaf out of that book, it wouldn't make deployment more
complicated for simple setups but would make complex setups like ours
much easier to administer).

> I am going to request a sub-domain and see what I can do with this plug-in.
> Does anyone have issues with tha?.
>

> GIT repo for it
> https://github.com/wp-plugins/cm-answers
>

> Scott