Hi,

thank you for your replies. Unfortunately I don't find these satisfying
answers. I asked for explanations why not. This is completely missing. A we
should do GUI is no explanation on why we should not be a leader in the next
big thing. So please explain in more detail, why you think KDE should not be a
leader in future technologies.

Please also consider how you want to attract new developers, young students to
work on KDE? How are we going to get in new developers if we discourage
working on the new shiny stuff everybody wants? That's how we all got into
KDE. We worked on the new shiny stuff. How are we going to attract students to
work on desktop apps, when they maybe have never seen a desktop? How will they
know at all about KDE which is currently non-existing on mobile even?

Furthermore how are you convincing the existing developer base to continue to
work on KDE software if there is no prospect of leading in the next big thing?
How do you convince me to continue to develop the desktop when I don't see a
future for KDE due to not willing to go to the next thing?

Cheers
Martin