Hi everyone,

Berlin, Germany will once again host a Qt World Summit this year, on
October 10th through 12th. This follows on from the Qt Contributor
Summit on October 9th and 10th.

As in previous years, we want KDE To have a strong presence at this
event, which draws much of the wider Qt community. We're an important
part of the community and we make lots of things that are interesting
and useful to Qt developers, so we should be there. It's a great
opportunity to network as well as watch some interesting talks.

I've stepped up to coordinate KDE's presence at QtWS this year. Sune,
who has done it in recent years, is a little to busy this year and
will be number #2.

As usual we're going to have table space in the booth area (I did
some shifts there during QtWS'15, which was a thoroughly good time),
where we want to promote our products, engage people and answer
products.

We also want KDE to appear as a community partner again, and if
possible place promo materials around the event (e.g. in the
attendee bag, have our logo slapped on things, etc).

And since The Qt Company is allowing our team to attend QtWS for
free, we will likely also chip in with running the event again, e.g.
by chairing some of the talks on the schedule.

To make all of this happen we'll need the following:

- Helpers! Who wants to be an awesome person and go to QtWS and rep
  KDE there? Who can make it to Berlin in the timeframe? (I know
  there's a KDE Edu sprint and a Blue Systems dev sprint going on,
  so no excuses! :P)

  Everyone interested and willing to commit please speak up, or get
  in touch with me directly. You will be able to express a pre-
  ference for booth and talk chairing duty which we'll try to
  respect when drawing up the duty roster. You'll get lots of karma
  bonus points if you're willing to help with booth setup and tear
  down.

  There will be a limit to how many people we can send, so please
  don't be upset if we can't bring you along in the end. But please
  do try!

  If travel/accomodation expenses would be the only thing keeping
  you, get in touch and we can look into that.

- Figure out what we want to show at the booth this year. Who wants
  to make cool demo loops or slides?

- Make promo materials. We'll need to review and update our posters
  (if anyone has the 2015/2016 posters, please link them in reply)
  and flyers. And do it early enough so we can get them refined and
  printed in time. Jens Reuterberg has promised to help make things
  look great!

Cheers,
Eike