> On 09 Aug 2017, at 09:57, Adriaan de Groot <gr...@kde.org> wrote:
>
> Can we please keep this thread limited to collecting-requirements, and
> therefore arguing over which requirements are required or what their weight
> is? That, rather than re-hashing the discussion elsewhere on which platform
> with which sub- and superset of features is popular in which location.

You are right, inviting people to challenge my proposals right away wasn’t such
a good idea in hindsight.

Furthermore, this sub-thread has reminded me again that while email is great
for having permanently and publicly archived discussions, it is terrible for
collecting information (any chat protocol would be equally terrible for that,
of course) because contributions by different people tend to become spread over
multiple emails.

So to fix this as well as to keep information gathering separate from
discussion, let’s do the former in a format that makes more sense for it:

https://notes.kde.org/p/KDE_IM_requirements

Once we’ve agreed on a list (if we ever do), it could make sense to move that
to the Community wiki for searchability and everything, but for brainstorming
Etherpad usually works better.