Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> yes, i skipped the details. done properly it should be linking
> libkactivities. this is an acceptable short term work-around given it's in
> a branch, while doing it "right" requires the modularization to be
> complete for at least libkactivities dependencies.

Or it'd require just building everything as one package as we've been doing
before, which is the easiest way to avoid circular dependencies…

Modularization keeps causing problems like this.

FWIW, since we're planning to ship Plasma Active alongside Plasma Desktop in
Fedora 17 (parts are already in Rawhide), we'll likely carry these patches
anyway (if they get released as part of the Plasma Active patchset), though
we are no fans of copied classes just to avoid circular dependencies (There
ought to be a better solution!).

I find it also quite funny that the very people complaining about
distributions patching in features into their kdelibs are doing that very
same thing as part of their Plasma Active distribution…

        Kevin Kofler