On Thursday 08 December 2011 17.12.05 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > yes, i skipped the details. done properly it should be linking
> > libkactivities. this is an acceptable short term work-around given it's
> > in a branch, while doing it "right" requires the modularization to be
> > complete for at least libkactivities dependencies.
>
> Or it'd require just building everything as one package as we've been doing
> before, which is the easiest way to avoid circular dependencies…
>
> Modularization keeps causing problems like this.

Kevin,  you have brought up your points and made your position very clear on
this and related topics in your 15 mails or so in the last month.
The result of you bringing them up has been that people thought more about the
proper way to do it, but one point has been made clear.  The direction of
modularization will continue and is supported by a lot of people.

> I find it also quite funny that the very people complaining about
> distributions patching in features into their kdelibs are doing that very
> same thing as part of their Plasma Active distribution…

A sentence like this, that implies an accusation but doesn't straight out say
so is not helpful.  Its close to being disrespectful.
If you want to have an influence in KDE, in its direction and its quality and
if you want to enjoy feeling part of a community as wonderful as KDE, this
kind of talking is not very helpful.

Please be part of KDE, in a positive way.  :-)

Thanks!
--
Thomas Zander