Hi,

> Unfortunately the problem isn't with Frameworks, Applications and
> Plasma - they're easy to handle and their naming can be scripted
> without too much trouble.
> The problem lies with Extragear, which has a large number of projects,
> all of which have different rules for what a stable branch is named.

As Albert said, the solution would be to establish a common scheme for
protected branches.

Actually my suggestion was a common scheme for unprotected branches.

perhaps this would be some good BoF at Akademy:

What is needed to move frameworks development to invent.kde.org.

(I assume we want to do that some when in the future anyways)

Greetings
Christoph

--
Ignorance is bliss...