On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Nate Graham <pointedst...@zoho.com> wrote:
> + kde-devel to widen the conversation

Hi Nate,

> On 02/10/2018 05:48 PM, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>>
>> Meanwhile... maybe you can do some loud blog posts calling for triagers?
>> :)
>

> Sounds good. Before then, we need to clean up the wiki page for this:
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Bug_triaging
>
> It's thorough and mostly up to date, but huge and intimidating. I've been
> working to improve it, but assistance would be appreciated
>

> Problem #2: the fact that you need to ask permission before gaining write
> access to other people's hugs is a gigantic blockade to getting more
> community bug triaging. A LibreOffice bug triager came by recently and
> explained that they got an enormous amount more community bug triaging by
> moving away from this policy and only locking down a few things (like the
> priority and assignee, I think) and leaving the rest open. He said that in
> particular it was a big boost to the number of bugs (correctly) marked as
> duplicates and closed as fixed.

Interesting. If the broader community is okay with this I see no
reason why we couldn't rearrange the permissions and how they're
currently setup.
I would prefer to restrict the bulk change tools to developers still
(as undoing the damage they do is much harder) but one-by-one changes
should be fine to release I think.

We basically operate in this manner for Phabricator already and
haven't had issues to my knowledge (and if people are silly we always
have the option of closing their accounts)

> Thoughts?
>
> Nate

Cheers,
Ben