On 20.09.2018 00:03, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El divendres, 14 de setembre de 2018, a les 18:04:59 CEST, Thiago Macieira va
escriure:
On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 04:17:35 PDT Harald Sitter wrote:
If I am not mistaken Qt already looks in the environment variables for
http_proxy, https_proxy etc. etc. (I don't think Plasma sets those
from the KCM though). To that end a no-code solution is setting those.
Obviously that's not very integrated in plasma.

The correct way is to configure your system properly. Qt will use libproxy and
will get the settings.

So this should be a bug reported against systemsettings or kded or something
then?

libproxy can be compiled with KF5 support, so it can automatically read the proxy settings that kcm_proxy writes. The problem is that this support is/was disabled by default, because of https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52252

Distributions might need to check if they need to re-enable it.