On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 15:20:27 PDT Christoph Feck wrote:
> On 20.09.2018 00:03, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El divendres, 14 de setembre de 2018, a les 18:04:59 CEST, Thiago Macieira
va escriure:

> >> The correct way is to configure your system properly. Qt will use
> >> libproxy and will get the settings.
> >
> > So this should be a bug reported against systemsettings or kded or
> > something then?
> libproxy can be compiled with KF5 support, so it can automatically read
> the proxy settings that kcm_proxy writes. The problem is that this
> support is/was disabled by default, because of
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52252
>
> Distributions might need to check if they need to re-enable it.

libproxy tries to detect if you're running a Qt5 application.

In any case, I recommend using the pacrunner's libproxy instead of libproxy's
libproxy. The proxy settings won't be read from KDE's. Instead, they will be
centralised in the pacrunner daemon. KDE should provision it (it's just a D-
Bus call, plasma-nm can do it).