Hi,

On 27/05/2022 17:35, Kovour, Sathyanarayana wrote:

Hi

My name is Sathya Kovour, I am part of Baxter International, a medical
device manufacturer.

We come across NetworkManagerQt
https://marketplace.qt.io/products/networkmanagerqt, and we have a few
questions while we are making decision to use this very convenient
modules in our project.

  * As per above link this project is accessible for us with LGPL
    v2.1+. According to our legal department this is very restrictive
    for our distribution scenarios.  I am wondering if you offer any
    additional licenses for this project to be used in our commercial
    setup without copy left clause.

The short answer is: No.

The longer answer is: To do this one would need to contact all of the
contributors/copyright holders and ask them to agree to a new license.
That is doable in theory but prohibitively difficult in practice.

I understand Linux Network Manager 1.16 support WPA3, does
NetworkManagerQt enables us to use WPA3 capabilities if we have a
compatible network manager installed on our embedded system?
Without knowing all of the details I'd say: yes, probably. And even if
there are missing things for this in networkmanager-qt those should be
easy enough to add.

A quick reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sathya