On 11/8/23 17:11, Scarlett Moore wrote:
While I have everyone's attention. The part that is getting me ( and
our linters ) is qml installation paths seem all over the place
For example plasma-framework we have

org.kde.plasma.plasmoids

which I read in the docs is "identified" qml which states it must be
installed into the QML import path which is normally ( and our linter
is set to ) /usr/lib/{arch_triplet}/qt{version}/qml
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtqml-modules-identifiedmodules.html

However, these are getting installed to /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids

This doesn't follow the folder path ( eg. org/kde/plasma/plasmoids )
nor the normal qml import path. Or am I missing something?
If it is our mistake to not have this in our import path and our
linter is confused somehow, how would I add it? /usr/share or
/usr/share/plasma but then wouldn't it still be looking for the
org/kde/plasma/plasmoids?
Thanks for any help, I am really trying to figure this stuff out, but
I am lost in a sea of docs.
Scarlett

You are talking about two very different things here.

QML modules (i.e. QML "libraries") are installed to
/usr/lib/{arch_triplet}/qt{version}/qml. They contain a qmldir file,
(optionally) a .so file, (optionally) some .qml files, (optionally) a
.qmltypes file etc.

The content of /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids are not QML modules. They are
plasmoid packages (in the KPackage format). They contain a metadata.json
file and a number of qml/js/xml files in contents/. For all intents and
purposes those are data files like any other in /usr/share and should be
treated as such.

As such what you are seeing is entirely expected.

Cheers

Nico