rkflx added subscribers: ngraham, rkflx.
rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  @yurchor Nice, you even used the new terminology which landed only today…

  Also, thanks for re-adding the importer section, I've been meaning to tackle
this basically since the importer was added back. Never got around to it,
because ideally such a change would also need to replace the KDE4-era
screenshots with something more recent…

  There are a couple of changes I'd like you to make. Nothing serious, just
some points to describe more accurately how Gwenview works.

  @ngraham Any additional tips on the wording in the new section?

INLINE COMMENTS

> index.docbook:221
> +
> +<listitem><para>Share: Clicking this button opens an export menu to share
> your images through social
> +media and image collection web services. This functionality depends on the
> list of installed

Shouldn't this (and `Rotate Left/Right`) get the same `<guiicon>` treatment as
the items in the lines above?

> index.docbook:716
> +                <listitem>
> allow &gwenview; to show videos among the images items.</para>
> +                </listitem>

Either remove the first `the`, or add `checkbox` after `</guilabel>`.

> index.docbook:716
> +                <listitem>
> allow &gwenview; to show videos among the images items.</para>
> +                </listitem>

images items → images

> index.docbook:722
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Use slider to change the grayscale color from
> black (the leftmost position) to white (the rightmost position).</para>
> +                </listitem>

Use → Move the

grayscale color → color of the gray background in Browse and View mode

> index.docbook:731
> +                        <listitem>
> all buttons</para>
> +                        </listitem>

Instead of "-", would it make sense to use something more typographically
correct like "—", or is there some entity for that?

Also, I'd use a capital letter at the start of the phrase.

(Applies to all places where this was added.)

> index.docbook:737
> +                        <listitem>
> thumbnail button</para>
> +                        </listitem>

Add `any` after `show`.

> index.docbook:750
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Choose the transparency in the view mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Choose how the background of transparent raster or SVG images is rendered."

> index.docbook:759
> +                        <listitem>
> +                            <para><guilabel>Solid color
> background</guilabel> - use the solid color that can be chosen using the
> +                        </listitem>

the solid color → a color

> index.docbook:767
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Choose the mouse behavior in &gwenview;.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Select how scrolling over an image in View mode behaves."

> index.docbook:770
> +                        <listitem>
> scrolls through the list of images in the View mode.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

That's not what this option is about. Better:

"When zoomed in, pan the image vertically. Otherwise, nothing will happen."

> index.docbook:773
> +                        <listitem>
> can be used to switch to the next/previous image in the View mode.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

"Switch to the next or the previous image."

> index.docbook:781
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Allows choosing the zoom mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Allows choosing how zooming in View mode works."

> index.docbook:787
> +                        <listitem>
> +                            <para><guilabel>Keep same zoom and
> position</guilabel> - use the same zoom for all images.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

zoom → zoom level

> index.docbook:790
> +                        <listitem>
> +                            <para><guilabel>Per image zoom and
> position</guilabel> - use separate options for each image.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

"Use individual zoom levels for each image."

> index.docbook:793
> +                        <listitem>
> +                            <para><guilabel>Enlarge smaller
> images</guilabel> - check this item to make &gwenview; enlarge smaller images
> in the View mode.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

the View mode → View mode

> index.docbook:801
> +                <listitem>
> +                    <para>Allows choosing the animation handler for the View
> mode.</para>
> +                    <itemizedlist>

"Allows choosing how fading between images is done in View mode."

> index.docbook:804
> +                        <listitem>
> animation acceleration.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

"Use hardware accelerated animations."

> index.docbook:807
> +                        <listitem>
> software animation acceleration.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

"Do not use hardware accelerated animations. Select this option if
<guilabel>OpenGL</guilabel> does not work satisfactory, but you still want to
fade between images."

> index.docbook:810
> +                        <listitem>
> animations.</para>
> +                        </listitem>

"Do not use animations when switching between images."

> index.docbook:824
> +                                <listitem>
> horizontal orientation</para>
> +                                </listitem>

"Show a horizontal thumbnail strip below the image."

> index.docbook:827
> +                                <listitem>
> vertical orientation</para>
> +                                </listitem>

"Show a vertical thumbnail strip to the right of the image."

> index.docbook:846
> +                    <para>Enable the <guilabel>Delete thumbnail cache folder
> on exit</guilabel> option if you do not have a lot of disk space.</para>
> +                    <para>Be careful: this will delete the folder named
> <filename>.thumbnails</filename> in your home folder, deleting all thumbnails
> previously generated by &gwenview; and other applications.</para>
> +                </listitem>

this → This

(Should also be changed in the UI file, as well as improving the markup for
`.thumbnails`…)

REPOSITORY
  R260 Gwenview

REVISION DETAIL