> I see, yeah, thats KatePart it seems to me.
>
> Anyway, I am all for going to have a KF5 KTextEditor framework, will make it
> more approachable
> for other projects to use it.
> And unlike in 4.x, KTextEditor would always provide the implementation
> directly (KatePart merged in, internally)
> and some wrapper KParts for the people preferring to just load a simple part
> without any more tight integration.
>
> David showed me the kdeexamples/framework-template and the kdelibs-split
> script.
>
> Still, I have one question:
>
> Is it really enough to init a new repository and have that one initial commit
> + add (and then move the files around inside the new git)
> to have history via grafting available? There is no other "trick" behind I
> just don't see ATM?
>
> I would try to convert to framework style git in some personal repo on
> git.kde.org and post that here for review if I do it right ;)
>
> Greetings
> Christoph
I tried my luck with splitting/grafting/kdeexamples template.

Could somebody take a look what ended up in the master branch of

g...@git.kde.org:scratch/cullmann/ktexteditor.git

Any feedback welcome, if I screwed it up a lot ;)

That git shall contain a KTextEditor framework, I hope, with grafting able
history, at least
I was able to graft against kate.git using the howto. The structure should fit
a framework,
only the tests dir is missing as empty atm.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullm...@absint.com