> > > add_library (KF5TextEditor ${ktexteditor_LIB_SRCS}
> >
> > ${KTEXTEDITOR_PUBLIC_HEADERS})
> >
> > Why pass headers to add_library?
>
> Just for automoc, without that, I get stuff like:
>
> Linking CXX shared library libKF5TextEditor.so
> CMakeFiles/KF5TextEditor.dir/view/kateviewinternal.cpp.o: In function
> `KateViewInternal::scrollColumns(int)':
> /home/cullmann/local/kf5/src/ktexteditor/src/view/kateviewinternal.cpp:522:
> undefined reference to
> `KTextEditor::View::horizontalScrollPositionChanged(KTextEditor::View*)'

Hmm. I think this comes from the .h and the .cpp files not being in the same
dir. Automoc doesn't like it, and I don't like it very much either ;)
It makes navigation from .h to .cpp harder, depending on the IDE/tools used.

Why not bring them together?

The old reason for include/ktexteditor/*.h (being able to include
<ktexteditor/file.h> from the cpp files) no longer applies,
ecm_generate_headers takes care of generating local lowercase forwarding
headers when used with PREFIX as you do.

> Is it ok then to request moving or are there other constraints, too?

Seems fine to me, go ahead.

The checklist for new frameworks can be extracted from
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KF5.0_Release_Preparation
which gives:

* make new repo using script (done, in your case)
* run astyle-kdelibs (requires some patching, so I can do it if you want)
* adjust kde-build-metadata
* get the job set up on build.kde.org (Ben or Aurélien)
* ensure green ;)
* add to bugs.kde.org (d_ed: how?)
* add to reviewboard.kde.org (sysadmin request I suppose)

Any wiki page where I add this list? Maybe it should go at the end of the list
from "definition of done" in
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Splitting_kdelibs ?

Seems to me that this is the only useful thing left from that wiki page, which
we can otherwise delete, no?

> I guess I shall add all required frameworks to the
> KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake.in, too, or?

Yes.

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr