> My point above was that the version you decide to freeze on should
> only be the version you depend on during development.
> The version you depend on when you release will be the next release of
> Frameworks (so by freezing on 5.66 for development, it should have had
> a release-day dependency of 5.67)
>
> The release of Plasma should then take place shortly after the
> Frameworks version you have a release-day dependency on.

Just to clarify the current policy is:
 - frameworks release 5.XX
 - plasma beta
 - frameworks release 5.XX+1
 - plasma final

Where 5.XX is the required version for Plasma. We set it as a dep,
just after it gets released.
We've had issues in the past, especially before frameworks had that
2nd Saturday of the month policy, but I don't think the current rules
have a problem if followed.

Within the context of this thread, we're dealing with issues that came
up breaking at 5.XX+1, so after the freeze. Not technically new API,
but behavioural changes.

David