feverfew added a comment.

  In D28535#640703 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28535#640703>, @anthonyfieroni
wrote:

  > In D28535#640699 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28535#640699>, @feverfew
wrote:

  > > So to be succinct, the only correct fix here is to change `getDevice()`
to `return m_mtpdevice`?

  > Yes, then check if it's crash, in all other places `LIBMTP_xxx` should take
care of and return false or nullptr depend of function returning value.

  What do you mean by "then check if it's crash"? Surely we should do nothing
and let LIBMTP sort out printing errors and stuff? Eventually the device should
be reclaimed by the daemon anyway via the help of `Solid::deviceRemoved()`. I
agree with everything after the comma though, `LIBMTP_mtpdevice_t *` should
never be freed unless we explicitly do so ourselves.

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

To: feverfew, akrutzler, dfaure, elvisangelaccio
Cc: anthonyfieroni, kde-frameworks-devel, fvogt, kfm-devel, ngraham, nikolaik,
pberestov, iasensio, fprice, LeGast00n, cblack, fbampaloukas, alexde, GB_2,
Codezela, feverfew, meven, michaelh, spoorun, navarromorales, firef,
andrebarros, bruns, emmanuelp, mikesomov