dfaure accepted this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> arrowd wrote in ConfigureChecks.cmake:12
> > Has this been tested on a system with sys/extattr.h?
>
> I was working on this revision on such system all the time. FreeBSD contains
> extattr bits in its `libc`, so no extra libraries are required.
>
> So, what should be done here, then? Just move `HAVE_SYS_EXTATTR_H` check to
> `FindACL.cmake` module?

Ah, I see, OK. No extra lib needed makes it simple.

The FindACL.cmake stuff is a bit of a mess now, with the need for extended
attributes outside the ACL related code.
Maybe this could be split up into "find extended attribute stuff" and "find ACL
stuff", the latter relying on the former.
But this merge request has been pending for long enough, let's do buildsystem
refactoring as part of it.

Let's leave this part as is for now.

If you feel like it, I suggest followup commits to 1) enable the ACL stuff on
systems with extattr, see the little bit of code in kpropertiesdialog.cpp, and
2) separate the cmake stuff for ACLs from the cmake stuff for extended
attributes.

To: arrowd, dfaure, chinmoyr, bruns, #frameworks, tmarshall, usta, cochise
Cc: usta, scheirle, tmarshall, arrowd, cfeck, bruns, phidrho, dhaumann,
funkybomber, abika, pino, davidedmundson, ngraham, atha.kane, spoorun,
nicolasfella, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, cblack, michaelh