On Dienstag, 26. März 2024 00:42:53 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dilluns, 25 de març de 2024, a les 18:03:27 (CET), Volker Krause va
>
> escriure:
> > On Sonntag, 24. März 2024 23:14:12 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Please work on fixing them, otherwise i will remove the failing CI jobs
> > > on
> > > their 4th failing week, it is very important that CI is passing for
> > > multiple reasons.
> > >
> > > Bad news: 2 repositories have started failing
> > >
> > > kirigami - NEW
> > >
> > >  * https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/jobs/1679118
> > >
> > >   * Android build fails
> > >
> > >    * Something qt related needs a rebuild?
> >
> > Yep, looks like a version mix due to the patch collection rebase.
>
> But why has this happened? I mean how is it that some Qt has different than
> some other Qt? Was there a rebuild of Android Qt while i was doing the
> rebase?
>
> If I understand that right there's a QtSvg is 5.15.13 but QtWidgets is only
> 5.15.12?

Not sure what caused it specifically here, but this happens as soon as anything
triggers a rebuild of a part of Qt for whatever reason. That part is then
taken from the kde/5.15 head, which is newer than the rest of Qt in the cache.

The effect used to spread/worsen over time as more things in the cache become
outdated (not sure if that got better or worse with the significantly reduced
Qt5-related activity nowadays).

> > I'm wondering how we want to proceed here longer term, as this will
> > continue to need active maintenance while most of our Android apps have
> > meanwhile moved to Qt 6.
> >
> > Pin the Qt version in Craft to a fixed revision? Drop Android KF5 CI
> > builds? Find volunteers to do the work of keeping this running/working?
>
> If we're saying Kirigami works on Android ideally we should keep a CI.

Pinning the Qt5 version might be a good compromise then? Keeping Kirigami
working in a fixed environment should be fine, but dealing with the movement in
Qt, Android and Craft for one major version is hard enough already.

Regards,
Volker