On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org> wrote:
> El Dissabte, 18 d'abril de 2015, a les 08:17:16, Scarlett Clark va escriure:
>> Applications are falling over because:
>>
>> 15:09:51 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package):
>> 15:09:51   Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5" that is
>> compatible
>> 15:09:51   with requested version "5.4.0".
>> 15:09:51
>> 15:09:51   The following configuration files were considered but not
>> accepted:
>> 15:09:51
>> 15:09:51     /srv/jenkins/install/ubuntu/x86_64/g++/stable-kf5-
>> qt5/qt5/inst/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake, version: 5.3.2
>> 15:09:51
>> 15:09:51
>> 15:09:51
>> 15:09:51 -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>
>> If you guys are going to bump the version requirements you MUST also
>> bump the branches in logical-module-structure which is currently set
>>         "qt5": {
>>             "kf5-qt5": "5.4.1",
>>             "stable-kf5-qt5": "5.3.2"
>>         },
>> So I need to know what branch is stable suppose to be using?
>
> Problem is, there is no such thing as "what branch stable is supposed to be
> using".
>
> Frameworks claims it should work with >= 5.3 (AFAIK) while Plasma claims it
> should work with >= 5.4.
>
> What we ideally need is two different "stable qt" to depend on, but afaik
> that's not possible with the current system, not sure if new one makes this
> something possible or not.

The upgrade to the metadata format, which is not part of the current
new system, would allow us to correct this in theory.
If Frameworks would like us to keep running compilation tests against
Qt 5.3.x, we'll need to setup a third Qt 5 branch group, exclusively
for the use of Frameworks as a workaround to the limitations of the
current system.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Regards,