On Wednesday 04 November 2015 23:10:26 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Alex Merry wrote:
>

> > Well, if we'd done it for kdelibs4 as well, you wouldn't have this issue
> > - if you had to add -I/opt/local/include/kdelibs in order to find any
> > kdelibs headers, none would be found by mistake.
>
> Fair enough, but you didn't :)
>
> FWIW (and because there are some on here who would like to let KF5 be as
> native
> as possible on OS X): with Apple's framework bundles that also contain the
> headers, you're more or less supposed to use statements like #include
> <OpenGL/GL.h> (or #import <AppKit/AppKit.h> in ObjC).
> Standardising on #include <KFoo/bar.h> where KFoo is expected to live in a
> standard include directory would make it more straightforward to build KF5
> frameworks as OS X frameworks (i.e. bundles).

But this would have:
- made the porting effort to KF5 even greater, for all the existing code
- made it impossible to move classes between frameworks
  (we've had the issue with <QtGui/QLabel> in Qt4 being <QtWidgets/QLabel> in
Qt5.
   The obvious way to not hit such issues is to make it <QLabel> everywhere,
which
   is now indeed the recommended way).

These are the reasons why Qt decided on <QLineEdit> and we decided on
<KLineEdit>.

Get your kdelibs4 headers out of the way and everything will be fine :)

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5