Hi,

The KDE4 approach to internationalisation (sic :)) had the huge advantage that
it was rather trivial to provide installer packages for individual languages so
users could install only those few languages they would actually use.
It seems that with KF5 we have gotten back in the situation where you get every
possible language installed. Now that may be nice for the occasional office
prank, but it'll end up amounting to a significant disk overhead (the one that
comes with lots of small files) for something that has absolutely no use for
the vast majority of users.

Is there some central mechanism to control which languages are installed?
Looking at KF5I18NMacros it would seem that there's only an external "central
mechanism"; binning the unwanted files before building...

Thanks,
René