On Friday, 7 October 2016 18:27:30 CEST Vishesh Handa wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Aleix Pol <aleix...@kde.org> wrote:
> >> I don't understand why all framework discussions must happen on the
> >> same list. It just adds to a crazy amount of noise, which one then
> >> needs to parse through.
> >
> > Arguing that it should be elsewhere because you'd like to ignore the
> > rest of the traffic in kde-frameworks doesn't sound very constructive,
> > especially considering how they're the "noise" that actually improves
> > the frameworks.
> >
> > Maybe you can better configure your e-mail client differently so we
> > can focus on the issue at matter?
>
> This is not about how it should be. I'm informing them why it was
> chosen to be somewhere else. This decision can be changed.
>
> Frameworks collectively may or may not improve by having everything in
> one place. Lets not treat it as a axiom.
>
> An analogy could be that we get commit emails, but we get to choose
> which projects we are interested in. We don't make everyone subscribe
> to kde-commits, and then put their own complex filters on top.

We are moving out from the main point of the discussion, but I'd like to point
out that the support for topics in mailman[1] covers this use case. Not sure
how to make reviewboard or phabricator add a topic to the notification email,
though.

(Also, we did not have a final decision whether we should go back to kde-core-
devel for Frameworks-related topic).

[1] http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node29.html

Ciao
--