mgallien added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4911#106088, @dfaure wrote:

  > Could this be made more lightweight by adding a precise subscription method
rather than signal broadcasts?

  I will work on this solution.

  > The interested application would register into baloo (using dbus or C++,
not sure what's applicable here), saying "please do inform me about changes" or
maybe even "please inform me about changes <in these dirs> or <for files of
this mimetype>". And the MetadataMover code would only emit a dbus signal if 1)
someone registered, 2) the signal passes the dir or mimetype filter.

  > This way, nothing changes performance-wise for people not using an app that
needs these signals.

  Thanks David for your suggestion. This looks like a great idea and should
really help me find a solution that works for applications.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo

To: mgallien, vhanda, dfaure
Cc: cullmann, apol, #frameworks