turbov created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.
CMake syntax has been redesigned to pursue the following goals:
- the former generator has used an output of `cmake --help` (and friends)
commands, which is quite informal (not a well formed) and error prune
- the current syntax was really out of date
The new approach is to use a trivial Python script, which uses a prepared
YAML data file and Jinja template to render the resulting syntax file.
Key features of the new implementation are:
- every command highlight only related named parameters -- e.g. `add_library`
do not have `TARGET` named option, so it doesn't highlighted in this context
- new highlight classes has introduced to distinct property names, aliased
(imported) targets, special non-named arguments...
- reuse RST syntax for comments
- input data now in VCS and trackable
there is still some work to do, but I've just want to know is there any
interest in this approach...
R216 Syntax Highlighting