fvogt added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7929#147742, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > I'm not sure if it's a good idea to fork QColumnView in KIO. Is it not
possible to contribute the changes upstream?

  It's not that easy - QColumnView is practically abandoned upstream (with its
huge amount of bugs it received basically no fixes at all), I really dislike
the upstream contribution process (not really a valid reason, I know, but it
would definitely make it much harder to fix bugs) and KColumnView breaks
compatibility in certain ways. Anyway, I did not totally abandon that idea, but
it really needs some testing before attempting upstreaming it. I really tried
hard to make QColumnView work properly, but it's just impossible.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7929#147738, @lbeltrame wrote:

  > A screenshot before/after (or just after, since it is an addition) would be
helpful in this case, since it is a visual change.

  Sure!
  Before: https://i.imgur.com/FXdLwca.png
  After: https://i.imgur.com/L2WgmmG.png
  Video (uploaded with the column view file dialog :-) ):
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/HiddenShallowAnteater

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: fvogt, #frameworks