davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in appmenu.cpp:178
> why toLatin1? I would expect a toUtf8?

Wayland strings can be UTF-8 but DBus service names and object paths can only
be ASCII.

I figured it was best to avoid any potential locale issues.

> graesslin wrote in appmenu_interface.h:53
> a conceptional alternative could be to delegate this through the
> SurfaceInterface like how it was done for idleInhibit protocol. I'm fine with
> both approaches.

I'm also fine with either, kwayland has a bit of both. This mostly copies the
ServerSideDecoration style.

My rationale was that this isn't double-buffered against the surface commits,
so didn't proxy it, but I don't mind either way.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

To: davidedmundson, #plasma
Cc: broulik, graesslin, plasma-devel, #frameworks, leezu, ZrenBot, alexeymin,
progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas,
apol, mart, hein