graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in appmenu.cpp:178
> Wayland strings can be UTF-8 but DBus service names and object paths can only
> be ASCII.
>
> I figured it was best to avoid any potential locale issues.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the DBus restriction. I suggest to add it to the
protocol definition. E.g. in Wayland protocols we find: "The string must be
encoded in UTF-8. " So I suggest to do something similar, just to be sure.

> appmenu.xml:35-38
> +      <request name="set_address">
> +          <arg name="service_name" type="string" />
> +          <arg name="object_path" type="string" />
> +      </request>

I just noticed that this is missing documentation. The wayland protocol
generator is not happy if the documentation is missing and emits warnings.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

To: davidedmundson, #plasma
Cc: broulik, graesslin, plasma-devel, #frameworks, leezu, ZrenBot, alexeymin,
progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas,
apol, mart, hein