ngraham added a comment.

  It's not too hard to make the label and the "What's this?" text differ for
open vs save mode, which I've done here.

  There's still the issue that the text doesn't quite fit in save mode, where
there's a filter but it's somewhat useless. I wonder: what good is the filter
UI for saving? Does anybody use it? What for? For opening, I think it makes
sense, since you might want to limit the view so you can more easily find
something that you want to open. But for saving... what value does it actually
bring to the table? In what circumstance might a user want to filter the view
when saving?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, #vdg, bruns, alexeymin, rkflx