ngraham added a comment.

  In D12130#250476 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12130#250476>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D12130#245921 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12130#245921>, @ngraham
wrote:

  > > I might need some help with this. It seems that the apps whose save
dialogs show a combobox in place of a filter list are creating a `QDialog` and
setting the Mime types list with `QDialog::setMimeTypeFilter()`. I haven't yet
managed to figure out how this call is intercepted and replaced with a
KFileDialog, or how KFileDialog can detect that there's a combobox of MIME
types instead of a filter widget.

  > In Gwenview, grep for "Save Image" (has prepopulated combobox) and "Open
Image" (does not have combobox, but editable and prepopulated filter). The
difference seems to be the missing `selectMimeTypeFilter` for the latter.

  > Note than in your comment you are referring to `setMimeTypeFilter[s]`,
which for Gwenview is called in both cases, thus not leading into a code path
you are interested in.

  > Did not yet have the time (with all the other Diffs to comment on ;) to
look into how this translates to `KFileDialog`, but does this help already?

  Yes, and I did more investigation myself, and all the glue is in
plasma-integration. Some changes might be needed there too (or maybe //all//
the changes will be needed there, we'll see!)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: ngraham, #frameworks, #vdg, bruns, alexeymin, rkflx, abetts
Cc: safaalfulaij, davidc, ltoscano, cfeck, rkflx, alexeymin, abetts, bruns,