davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  > It is based on the assumption that by design plasma panels do not use mask()

  It's a big assumption. It seems more based on what the two windows happen to
currently do rather than anything related to the topic at hand.
  Especially problematic as it's in frameworks we can't assume our code is the
only user.

  >   first introduced at popupPlacement()

  ...by you :P

  Extra confusingly the comment above that line is from before the mask test
was added, and in that comment dock means panel.
  So the comment about when we're a dock explicitly excludes what you call a
dock.  :/

  > Do you believe there is a better way to distinguish between docks and
panels ?

  Implicitly? Probably not.

  I would have pushed for doing it explicitly. Ideally when outsideParentWindow
was first introduced.

  Given we're using this mask test already, I don't like it, but if no-one else
objects, ship it.
  (please also clarify comments here and line 906 to distinguish dock and dock)

  Note, when Dialog gets a rewrite, we won't do it like that. I want a hint at
the containment level that we can forward through CompactApplet.qml

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  dockBorders