rjvbb added a comment.

  I agree that reducing the size column width isn't as easy as I thought. I
find it takes up more space than necessary when horizontal space is at a
premium and I was hoping to get a more compact read-out that can still be
interpreted ... and that would show itself in full in a tooltip.

  Maybe something can be done at a higher level, just like some systems will
switch from full to compact date format when available space requires it (Mac
OS will even switch to a narrow font). I'm not very motivated though to spend
much time in figuring out how and where to do such a thing so if it's not
straightforward I'll be leaving that approach to someone else.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: rjvbb, ngraham
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns