dfaure added a comment.

  KIO::move (implemented by CopyJob) can move N files to a single destination
directory, but they get the same name at that dest.
  KIO::moveAs (implemented by CopyJob too) can move/rename a single file to a
specific filename at destination.

  What you're suggesting is a new job that can move N files to a destination
directory (to make this generic it doesn't have to be in-place renames,
right?), but you're providing the filename at destination for each file, right?
  This sounds good to me. I could imagine this being handled by CopyJob too.
  The struct CopyInfo already stores source and destination URLs for every
file, it's just that the destination URL is filled in
CopyJobPrivate::slotResultStating by appending the filename to the dest dir,
except in moveAs (m_asMethod==true) where the destination URL *is* the final
filename.
  I could imagine a KIO::moveAs that takes two QList<QUrl> and then this
information is fetched from there rather than using m_dest.
  In fact, if the existing moveAs() method is ported to call the two-QLists
one, that will mean less special casing in the code (which wouldn't use m_dest
anymore in slotResultStating, when m_asMethod).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: emateli, #frameworks, dfaure, mlaurent
Cc: anthonyfieroni, chinmoyr, mlaurent, asensi, rkflx, dfaure, aacid, ngraham,
kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, sbergeron, michaelh, bruns