ahmadsamir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in kkeysequencewidget.cpp:127
> Still unsure what you mean with the constness, as the QHash `shortcuts` has
> been const all the time, and thus the access methods and its returned
> references.  If you meant the initially proposed `const QKeySequence &seq =
> it.key();` that was just an alias reference to something const ref before
> (`it.key()`), whose idea was to not touch the other existing code as well as
> make it more obvious to the code reader what `it.key()` is. It did not change
> any constness.
>
> Back to your original comment:
> So here my 2 penny collected over decades: avoid that. One change/aspect at a
> time. No additional clean-up., as basic as it is (even no whitespace changes,
>  unless line touched anyway).
>
> - The commit message might miss to mention that change, or make it more
> complicated to read because it lists all the while-at-it changes.
> - There are no obvious changes, unless documented. What is clear to the
> commit creator, might be unclear to the commit reader, as they have another
> context
> - Line-wise commit annotation mark-up will be set for lines which are changed
> while not relevant for the actual main change (which only would be mentioned
> in the commit message first line/title)
> - One is concentrated on the main change, and might miss important details
> relevant to that other change, and introduce regressions.
>
> You may discard these 2 penny of mine, but let's talk again in some years ;)
> Better though ask the search engine for what other people recommend as best
> commit practice & compare. Still you are free to collect your own experience:
> if young people only did what old people tell them, new discoveries would
> never be made ;) But most of the times...

I do try to keep commits atomic, and detail my changes in the commit message.
(And no, I won't discard your 2 pennies, I am too poor, experience-wise, to
afford that). What I should have done was read the code starting at the top,
where shortcuts is declared const. Anyway thanks for explaining things, that's
always appreciated. :)

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui

To: kossebau, dfaure