Kevin Krammer posted on Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:07:52 +0200 as excerpted:

> --
> Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer

BTW, Kevin, I have a personal hotkey popup script[1] the action menu of
which with my switch of a couple months ago to firefox from konqueror as
my default browser, I recently had occasion to edit, removing its hard-
coded references to konqueror, replacing them with
xdg-open, so they'd automatically use whatever I had set as kde's default
browser. =:^)

Quite a useful little set of xdg-utils you have there! =:^)

[1] It uses a combination of bash script, a konsole special profile and
kwin rules matching it, and khotkeys4 single-key hotkeys, to emulate the
missing kde4/qt4 global multi-key functionality that worked perfectly
fine in kde3, thus generating my dependency on khotkeys-based multi-key
launching in the first place.  The kde bug on the matter says it's
ultimately a qt4 problem, but I believe I've already seen a fix for the
problem with qt5, so perhaps the functionality will again work, there.
But now that I have my solution debugged and working, I'll probably keep
it, to avoid further issues with disappearing kde hotkey functionality in
the future.  And if khotkeys functionality itself disappears, there's
several alternatives providing single-(perhaps-modified-)key hotkey
functionality, tho significantly fewer doing the multikey stuff that
khotkeys3 handled so well, so keeping a solution that only requires a
single-key global hotkey service is a good idea, now that I have it.