Hello Douglas,
I'm a relatively new user myself so have been sourcing some of this recently for my own use. I would suggest the following:

The online manual and quick start guide, which is for a slightly older version but the fundamentals remain similar:

An very good series for professional users making a transition from proprietary software:

And the excellent new but growing Kdenlive toolbox:

A quick search turns up lots of Youtube videos etc. Hope you find something that helps.

Best wishes,