I've been testing the latest kdenlive-devel snaps package (not sure if that's even the appropriate way to describe it, but there you go). Seems to install fine, but crashes after install every time, it won't run. Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRUlT7GxvQ.

Command used in terminal to install kdenlive-devel package:
sudo snap install --edge --force-dangerous --devmode kdenlive-devel

Tested on:
Ubuntu 16.10 x64, Unity 7.5.0 desktop environment.

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide or if there's something else I can do to troubleshoot, thanks!

- JRD