Thanks JB, must have been a beta thing, or an incomplete download because I was in a public place at the time with terrible Internet bandwidth. I'm not getting this issue anymore on any of the *buntu distros, so feel free to discard this issue.Thanks buddy. :)

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 23:00:44 +0200
From: Jean-Baptiste Mardelle<>
Subject: Re: Snap package for testing

On Saturday, October 8, 2016 12:57:41 AM CEST, Jesse DuBord wrote:

JB, I'm coming up with an error when trying to install snap via
the command you provided in Kubuntu 16.10 beta. Getting this

error: cannot perform the following tasks:
- Fetch and check assertions for snap "kdenlive-devel" (5)
(cannot verify snap "kdenlive-devel", no matching signatures

I just successfully installed the kdenlive-devel snap on Kubuntu 16.10 so
maybe you just need to update your install...