It appears that with 1.3.x you can't force it to make a kerberos 4 auth request. I've tried putting only info in the [v4 realms]-like sections and disabling the DNS lookup on OSX 10.3, but then a kinit just fails.

Is there any MIT equivalent to Heimdal kinit -4?

Yes, I know this is a *BAD* idea and you-all hate it. I just have a test case I need to support.