-- Problem Description --
We observed that when EEH error is hit during tg3 driver probe, we might
trigger a kernel oops due to a memory access to an uninitialized pointer.

The following upstream patch addresses the issue: 1b0ff89852 ("tg3: Avoid NULL
pointer dereference in tg3_io_error_detected()")

We want to request Canonical to add this patch to Ubuntu 16.04 kernel if
Thanks in advance,

** Affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Tags: architecture-ppc64le bugnameltc-145728 severity-high
Oops on EEH hit during tg3 probe
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :