This patch is still out for review and will likely get applied to the
repository soon. However, the kernel containing this fix is still awhile
from release. See
announce/2016-October/000074.html for the next SRU cycle dates.

  Oops on EEH hit during tg3 probe

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  -- Problem Description --
  We observed that when EEH error is hit during tg3 driver probe, we might
trigger a kernel oops due to a memory access to an uninitialized pointer.

  The following upstream patch addresses the issue: 1b0ff89852 ("tg3: Avoid
NULL pointer dereference in tg3_io_error_detected()")

  We want to request Canonical to add this patch to Ubuntu 16.04 kernel if
  Thanks in advance,

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :