just did the standard upgrade.
Saw kernel files 4.4.0-43 being downloaded (+ some other files)
Restarted on latest kernel

uname -a :
Linux UX305UA 4.4.0-43-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 12 13:48:03 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

All works fine
So I suppose we can close the case

  upgrade to kernel 4.4.0-43 renders system unusable

  After the update to kernel 4.4.0-43 laptop (asus zenbook UX305UA) became
unsuable :
  - touchpad not working
  - usb mouse not working
  - screen resultion not recognized anymore only allowing basic resolution
  - I did not test sound, etc... since no pointing device was accepted anymore
to navigate the gui
  - Only possible interaction via dash/terminal

  Problem is solved by switching back to kernel 4.4.0-42

  Tell me what you need to diagnose the cause
  Please give exact commands since I'm not a deep core techy.