This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
xenial' to 'verification-done-xenial'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-xenial

  nvme: Missing patch in Ubuntu-4.4.0-41.61

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  == Comment: #0 - Gabriel Krisman Bertazi <> - 2016-09-27
22:59:44 ==
  Ubuntu-4.4.0-40.60 included my backport of :

  b00a726a9fd ("NVMe: Don't unmap controller registers on reset") #upstream
    [ 30d6592fce71 on the Ubuntu -proposed branch]

  But missed the fix up that came later:

  81e9a969c441 ("nvme: Call pci_disable_device on the error path.") #
  4.4.y tree

  This means that we may hit an Oops if we need to go into the error
  path of  the nvme probe.

  Please cherry-pick this fix to your kernel.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :