$ grep CONFIG_HIO boot/config-4.8.0-28-generic
CONFIG_HIO=m
$ ls lib/modules/4.8.0-28-generic/kernel/ubuntu/hio/
hio.ko

Tagging as verified.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-yakkety
** Tags added: verification-done-yakkety

  [yakkety] hio driver missing

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  == SRU Justification ==
  Huawei servers, including Huawei PCIe SSD's require the hio driver which is
currently not included in our kernels. We would like to carry this driver in
our kernels for Xenial and newer in order to support platforms with these
drives.  This was original ported to Xenial and is now missing in Yakkety
creating a regression in that release.

  == Source ==

http://support.huawei.com/enterprisesearch/ebgSearch#sp.keyword=HUAWEI%20ES3000%20V2%20Driver%20SRC

  == Testing ==
  The reporter has hardware to test these kernels.

  == Regression potential ==
  The driver does not exist currently, so no regression potential exists in
Yakkety.  Upgrades from Xenial are currently regressing and will need to be
tested.

  ---
  The hio ubuntu driver in Xenial seems to be MIA in yakkety.  Reported to us
by Elmo.

  ---
  Kernel-Description: hio Ubuntu sauce driver needs porting to 4.8