== Comment: #0 - Breno Leitao <bren...@br.ibm.com> - 2017-06-28 16:21:33 ==
Dear Canonical,

These are some important patches we need into 16.04.3. Without these
patches, NVLINK and ATS are broken:

NPU2 requires an extra explicit flush to an active GPU PID when sending
address translation shoot downs (ATSDs) to reliably flush the GPU TLB. This
patch adds just such a flush at the end of each sequence of ATSDs.

We can safely use PID 0 which is always reserved and active on the GPU. PID
0 is only used for init_mm which will never be a user mm on the GPU. To
enforce this we add a check in pnv_npu2_init_context() just in case someone
tries to use PID 0 on the GPU.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/778160/

"4c3b89e powerpc/powernv: Add sanity checks to pnv_pci_get_{gpu|npu}_dev"
introduced explicit warnings in pnv_pci_get_npu_dev() when a PCIe device
has no associated device-tree node. However not all PCIe devices have an
of_node and pnv_pci_get_npu_dev() gets indirectly called at least once for
every PCIe device in the system. This results in spurious WARN_ON()'s so
remove it.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/775595/

** Tags: architecture-ppc64le bugnameltc-156217 severity-high
targetmilestone-inin16043
--
New NVLINK2 patches
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1701272