Hi guys. I'm experiencing problems with 4.13.0-36 on a cloud server
(x64) with dynamic ram management. The server is provisioned to use up
to 12GB of RAM, but it got so bad that only 1GB was visible, causing
everything to a halt while swap usage went through the roof. Could it be
related?

And here is another instance of kernel 4.13 showing memory problems
similar to what is being described here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1722778

I have reverted to 4.11.0-041100-generic #201705041534, for now

  Servers going OOM after updating kernel from 4.10 to 4.13

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We are seeing this on multiple servers after upgrading from previous
  4.10 series HWE kernels to the new 4.13 HWE series. With the new
  kernel, free memory is continously decreasing at a high rate and the
  servers start swapping and finally OOMing services within days. With
  the 4.10 kernel, decrease of free memory is slower and stabilizes
  after a while.

  Latest kernel tested is linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic but the issue
  also affects older kernels from that series, tested back to linux-
  image-4.13.0-19-generic. No issue with linux-image-4.10.0-42-generic.

  The servers are running as OpenStack controller nodes using either
  Ocata or Pike UCA plus ceph. See attached graph for the memory
  behaviour.

  Package: linux-image-4.13.0-32-generic 4.13.0-32.35~16.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-32.35~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.15
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Feb  9 09:45:50 2018